Saturday, December 9, 2017

Woodchipper Massacre (1988)

How bad is it? Amateur schlock.
Should you see it? Mmmmaybe. If you watch enough trash, this is passable.


Three kids are being babysat by their religious fanatic aunt and they accidentally kill her. So, to cover this up, they toss her body in a woodchipper. Then their cousin comes by and... well, you know. The film becomes "can we get this mess straightened out in time" as they wait for their father to come home. There's no gore. There's no massacre. There's no budget - reportedly made for under $500 on a home video camera, it's often underlit, the in-camera mike drops out (one character SHOUTS all her lines), there's terrible music and the plot meanders. The little kid's amusing at times, such as when he plays air guitar. It's awful - but it's kind of watchable in a cheap black-comedic way.

2 comments:

  1. This was one of my first experiences with backyard SOV horror and I haaated it. I'm thinking now that I've gone down so many deeper, danker holes, I'd find this downright charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what happened with me - once upon a time, I'd have stopped 10 minutes in and said life's too short for such crap.

      Delete