Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Cheetah Girls (2003)

You know what? I'm going to stop the "How bad is it" intros, unless people say they want them back.


The downside to diversity and feminism, it would seem, is that you get movies like this. Aimed at young girls, this Disney film follows Galleria, Chanel, Aqua and Dorinda as they try to take their musical group "The Cheetah Girls" to the next level - and, if you're not gagging on those character names, you might enjoy the film. Then you find out the male characters are named Mackerel, Jackal and Dodo - a scumbag manager named Jackal is not exactly subtle. There's a talent show and then the film falls apart with an ending that involves a dog stuck in a vent hole. Raven-Symone is the star. There was a sequel and a TV series. It's fluff, bad lip-synched songs, trite character arcs and matching track suits, with a moral that might temporarily make you forget how much you'd actually hate these people if you met them in real life.

2 comments:

  1. Not the type of movie I expected to see on this site, but yeah, it's bad. I was forced to endure this since The Cheetah Girls craze hit when my daughters were squarely in the target audience. So yeah, I've seen the sequel and the TV series. Not recommended viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I developed an algorithm for deciding what to review. Frankly, the last couple of films I reviewed surprised me, too.

    ReplyDelete