Friday, March 9, 2018

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul (2017)



This has been eviscerated by some critics, but it's not terrible... just not good. The cast of the earlier films had aged out, so were replaced and the general consensus is that the new cast isn't as good (but many fans hated that the cast had changed - I got this from listening to a 9 year-old). Alicia Silverstone is the recognizable star, but she isn't given much to do. The plot has very little to do with the books and is just a National Lampoon Vacation remake, substituting vomit and poop jokes for charm and wit, with some references that are aimed to parents, but still not funny. 


1 comment:

  1. It's an atrocious film and it's not for anyone. If I was a parent, I wouldn't show this film to my children. Especially since the kids in the film are just obnoxious and very hateful. Plus, I'm sure kids wouldn't even get the reference to Psycho and adults I'm sure would be offended by it.

    ReplyDelete