Sunday, May 6, 2018

The Master of Disguise (2002)


There seems to be exactly one person who likes this movie, so I've kept from putting this particular film on the blog until now (I've lowered my standards yet again). Dana Carvey stars as Pistachio Disguisey, unwittingly the last in a line of disguise experts. And I do mean unwittingly. His parents are kidnapped, so his grandfather teaches him the family business so he can get them back. This leads to a random assortment of episodic half-finished skits in silly costumes, punctuated by sophomoric humor. The cast could've been good, with better material: Jennifer Esposito, Harold Gould, James Brolin, Brent Spiner, Edie McClurg, Keenan Thompson, Jessica Simpson, Kevin Nealon, Michael Johnson (the track star), Bo Derek, Naya Rivera, Paula Abdul, Jesse Ventura and, as young Pistachio, Cole & Dylan Sprouse. There's not one joke that I can remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment