Friday, October 27, 2017

Wirey Spindell (1999)

How bad is it? Self-indulgent tripe, but not awful.
Should you see it? No.

I liked Eric Shaeffer's "Boy Meets Girl" - a lot. Some of his other films were okay, but it seems when he puts himself on the screen, he fails. This film doesn't work and I found myself trying to describe it in terms of other films: like a poor man's Woody Allen trying for Cameron Crowe sentimentality plus Bob Clark "Pork's" humor. I think you can see why it doesn't work. A man, about to get married, reminisces about his sexual past - including an electrical socket. That he's bisexual and his therapist is bisexual (and a former lover's lover? I drifted off) and everyone has minor kinks and aren't they just darling? gets a bit tiresome. This isn't terrible, as some have suggested, just not good.


No comments:

Post a Comment