Friday, March 13, 2015

The Skydivers (1963)

How bad is it? It's the best film of one of the worst directors of all time.
Should you see it? Only in the MST3K version.


I should stop being surprised to find terrible, unenjoyable films listed as so-bad-it's-good and then finding that they appeared on a MST3K episode. That's the case here; Coleman Francis directed three absolutely terrible films (Beast of Yucca Flats, Night Train to Mundo Fine) and all three have been covered by those guys because they're easy to make fun of. Couple owns a skydiving business and she gets revenge on him for cheating - no, wait, she was cheating - it doesn't really matter. Lots of coffee and odd music, along with interminable skydiving footage. The threadbare plot meets actors who read cue cards of inane dialog, and continuity errors galore.

1 comment:

  1. I filmed the Air part of the film. I had a 16 Mil Surplus Military Gun Camera mounted on my helmet. This was early in free fall movie making. They also spelled my name wrong in the credits. Should be Jack Cupp. My wife Olivia below. Jack Cupp

    ReplyDelete