Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pizza Man (1991)

How bad is it? It's the video equivalent of an empty envelope.
Should you see it? Sadly, no. I had hopes for it.


I loved "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death" and this has the same writer/director and one of the same stars, so I thought this could be a gem. Bill Maher plays the world's best pizza delivery guy, who acts like he's in "The Maltese Falcon," trying to solve the case of his getting stiffed for $15.23. Then he stumbles upon a conspiracy - George Bush (the elder), Donald Trump, Geraldine Ferarro, Ronald Reagan, Michael Dukakis and Bob Woodward all show up (none played by themselves, unfortunately) - involving selling California to Japan. The satire's okay, but very dated and the premise of a guy solely fixated on his one petty thing while ignoring everything else just isn't enough for a full film. [Still, it's a whole lot better than most films I've watched lately, which has me thinking I need to take a break from reviewing.]

No comments:

Post a Comment