Friday, May 2, 2014

The Giant Spider Invasion (1975)

How bad is it? It's one of the worst giant bug movies, probably THE worst.
Should you see it? I give it a marginal yes.

I saw this only once, 35 years ago, so I'm overdue for a new screening and my memory may be off. Starring Steve Brodie, who did a lot of terrible movies and Alan Hale Jr., who I could not separate from his Skipper character on "Gilligan's Island." A hole opens in the ground and spiders of various sizes, some gigantic, come out to terrorize a town. The largest spiders are made from Volkswagen Beetles and it's sometimes very obvious. As I recall, the film drags a bit - I believe I saw it very late at night, which might affect that - but the bugs themselves are funny enough to make it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment