Sunday, June 14, 2015

Soda Cracker

aka The Kill Reflex

How bad is it? It's the worst Fred Williamson film. All cliches.
Should you see it? No.

Fred Williamson has been in a number of entertaining blaxploitation films, but this one, which he also directed, is a mess. There's continuity problems (including in the titles!), which can be entertaining, like when you ask yourself, "Why is he taking some random kid to the gun range?" Cop who doesn't play by the rules loses a partner, chief throws him off the case, sexy new partner (Maud Adams)... you know how this plays out, shot for shot, without seeing it. The music's bad, the direction is terrible - I'm guessing the first 5 minutes were by someone who quit or got fired and Williamson took over - and the dialogue is stuff no one would say outside a film.

1 comment:

  1. I've only seen a few minutes of "The Kill Reflex", so I regret that I didn't get to see the whole movie. But what I did see, I actually liked.

    ReplyDelete